.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November Notes


Here we are entering the month of November.  I'm glad to be turning this calendar page.  October was filled with me trying to do things I 'used' to do and giving up on them half completed.  Grrrr!  After my last 'stuff it in a box and forget about it doll' I realized that I still need/want the safety and joy of 'box lid art'.

At this point in my life I'm not pushing myself to continue working on something I don't enjoy anymore, just to say 'I can do it' *smile*. 


Over my creative life I have tried many, many things.  Some have been successful (to my eye), others not so much.  Some went the way of the weekly trash pick up and others I still have sitting here in my studio, cheering me on.  For now I'm ready to stay on my 'boxed' in path. 


As for the month of October, I so enjoyed being outside.  Crispy cool mornings, slightly warmer, sunny afternoons.  Heaven is: shuffling through the dried leaves while I walk the roads of our community; watching huge amounts of rain outside my studio window; standing in the sunshine knowing that soon I'll be wedded to our heater; and lastly letting myself start a project - stop it in mid stride - and not feel guilty. 

"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."- Havelock Ellis

7 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a tricky one. Congratulations on being able to pause or abandon things without angst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heaved lots of projects away, some I've donated to the local animal shelter store, sold a few, gifted a few, kept a few. I used to feel the pressure of making to sell. Finally I got over that!!! Now I'm doing what I want to do and not selling at all. I may again someday, but I like the attitude of doing what feels right and that attitude fits me very well right now.

    I love your garden spot. So nice to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the immortal words of Pete Seeger:

    “To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time to every purpose, under heaven”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Barbara!! We are all finding that to be true, aren't we. I thought about you so much yesterday, Penny. I wanted to remember to send you an email and here is your post. I'm so glad to hear from you and so glad that you are on a healthy path to stronger health. And you have always loved the outdoors, so I am so glad that you were able to enjoy it before the Universe turns once again to colder weather.
    Much love to you.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finding things that filled my creative life for so long no longer carry much of an imperative. It's a strange predicament, but I agree with you completely about how important it is to not feel guilty about the changes in interests and enthusiasms. I like your quote about the balance of letting go and holding on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutly get this! Feeling stuck more lately and decided not to push and just go with whatever feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for having the strength to shed the guilt and just enjoy the 'doing' when and how you want to.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...