.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, September 9, 2013

An Experiment

 
I'm starting a punchneedle adventure.  These belts and others like them inspired me.


I wondered if I would be able to produce a belt made of punchneedle.  And so the adventure began with measuring.  My largest frame has an opening of a little over 9" so I was stuck with that length.  I needed 29" to allow for fold over at the buckle end of things.  I finally measured out an 8" span, two 6" spans and one 9" span.  I have a very short waist so I've narrowed the width on my pattern from what the above belts show.

 
I have decided to use this type of fastener because punching grommets into punchneedle would be very risky.


I won't exactly know about the fastening ends until I get most of the punching done because I'm not sure about folding the punchneedle over and through the buckle.  Would it be better to use a piece of fabric (perhaps wide grosgrain ribbon) for connecting the  belt through the buckle space?  We'll see.

My color choices are chocolate brown, colorful lime green and an off white.  I've begun the process, which I warn you might go on for awhile, we'll see where it takes me.

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure." - Joseph Campbell 
 

7 comments:

  1. These look most inviting ... lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, Cool project. I am so glad you posted this. I have been thinking of ways to use punch needle besides a wall hanging. Today is my first day off. I'm off to a slow trot so far!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous, great inspiration! I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colorful belts are gorgeous! I can certainly see why you were so inspired by them. Can't wait to see yours! I'm short-waisted myself and generally tend to shy away from belts altogether, but these are very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic project and so unusual! I love your colour palette. What about a medieval style fastening where the end is overlong and loops through a ring to hang down in front?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Penny, you are industrious! This will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is an intriguing adventure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...