.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, March 21, 2011

Morning Has Broken

As I welcome this 'first day of spring' I can't help but sing!  While winter has the feel about it of curling up in a safe warm cocoon, spring has a 'busting out all over' feel.  Its time to stretch my arms to the sky and welcome the sun and the early green into my life.

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven above
Like the first dewfall, on the the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

                                                            written by Eleanor Farjean/sung by Cat Stevens
Happy Spring everyone!

3 comments:

  1. No sign of much green in my neck of the woods yet; but you have me singing .... such a joyful, hope filled song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...one of my favorite songs! Your enthusiasm is infectious in spite of a wintry mix in our forecast today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something from one of my favorite singers! It's still cold here but the sun is stronger and there are a few buds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...