.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, January 3, 2011

"Winter Trees"

Here is what I see looking at out the window these days!  I decided to create a punchneedle design reflecting this 'winter' scene.

Now that it is completed I have decided that enough with these drab, cold winter pieces.  Standby for some brighter colors - as bright as my 'quiet' personality will allow anyway.

Off with the blahs!  I'm thinking spring and sunshine and color!!!

"She said the object and color in the materials around us actually have a physical effect on us, on how we feel". -- Florence Nightingale

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with grays. This is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Roberta! I'll be ready for more color in the spring, but for now I'm loving the somber grays. I have always loved the work of Andrew Wyeth and his preference for the "bones" of the winter landscape. I just googled for the actual quote, here it is: "I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter."
    You are really taking off with punch-needling, Penny, this original piece is lovely! It takes me back to a series of trees I did in various media in college in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I don't mean to diminish greys as I too love them - I just think that right now something in my spirit is calling out for color and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! For the Bead Journal Project 2011, I was so desperate for color, that I started with the month of July rather than January. I suppose I will have to do January eventually. But not now. I too need color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely but color sounds like fun too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...