.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, September 20, 2010

"Pomme Fairy" - Challenge Part 2

 
Let me tell you a story.  When I received the challenge picture "Golden Apple Tree" I stared at it and stared at it.  I just knew there was something up in those tree branches, but I couldn't see it.  So I spent several summer afternoons sitting at the base of that tree - quietly listening to the leaves rustle above me.  One day, much to my surprise an apple dropped directly on top of my head.  Startled, I looked up and there I saw a fairy looking down at me.  After verifying that I was not there to take any of her apples she introduced herself to me as "Pomme Fairy" (Pomme being French for apple as she quite proudly told me).  Pomme told me that she is the guardian of the golden apple tree.  After much coaxing on my part she agreed to accompany me to the meeting of the Guild -- but she made it very clear that she is not the kind of fairy who grants wishes, so no one in the room should ask!  Guess she hasn't had that training!


"Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame!" - William Butler Yeats

P.S. - Watch, later in the week for pictures of all of the wonderful responses to this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Creativity at it's best -- with words as well as art! I love the stitchery on Pomme, and of course I also love her peaceful face. Now to go back to my everyday life, sigh. Thanks for the little break!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...