.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, June 14, 2010

Time After Time

Here is my most recently beaded figure - 'Time After Time'.  As I had mentioned in a previous post -- the theme of 'time' was with me throughout the beading of this figure.  You know how it is if you decide you want to buy a red car and then you see red cars everywhere?  Well many times my beading themes create the same thing with me.  I was thinking 'time' often while beading this figure.  At one point I even got into a discussion of quantum physics with the young man bagging my groceries - not that either of us seemed to know much about it - but we both agreed it has the most interesting and exciting possibilities. 

As my beading has progressed I find that other than my monthly BJP piece I am working exclusively on figures.  Most of the figures I've made so far are mounted on a stand using doweling.  I decided that I wanted to branch out and come up with some new-to-me and perhaps even unusual staging for my new pieces.  Thus the figure mounted on the clock face.  When I went to glue it to the clock I was full of trepidation -- wondering if it would actually stay on.  I was so scared that it wouldn’t hold. Once dry I decided to hang it on the bedroom wall – because of course its going to hold as long as its laying flat – but the test is to have it hanging. I woke up really early the next morning thinking I’d heard it fall and lay there in the dark imagining the beaded piece laying on the floor – having left the clock face behind. When I finally opened my eyes to daylight she was right where she should be, in the middle of the clock face. (If you'd like to see a close up of her face, please check out my posting of May 25th).

And now I'm off to start my next figure --

"What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know". - Saint Augustine 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, it's gorgeous! Great idea and it's so beautiful! I hope that you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and happy beading...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bobbi -- it was fun and fun to find piece of watches to include on the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love the watch face in the middle - it's perfect. I don't think I'd have had the nerve to glue it to the clock, I can understand why you were worried! I'm glad it worked out though!

    ReplyDelete

It is my wish to respond to comments by private email. If your email address is not available I will try to respond here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...