.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, April 16, 2010

Emerging Growth

This is the time of the year for emerging growth -- everything, everywhere is budding.  The spring green almost hurts my eyes - in a pleasant way of course.  The secret for the viewer at this time of the year is to look carefully for the new buds.   A slight touch of red on the azalea bushes promise flowers to come.  Our yard is filled with native plants -- they are often small and quiet.  One has to catch these early blooms as they unfold through the leafy undergrowth for these small plants are sometimes reluctant to show themselves.  It is a matter of walking and looking and seeing -- and what a reward there is at this time of the year.

As I am inclined to do - I measure this same looking and seeing and emerging to art.  While the quiet, sometimes weather imposed isolation of winter, can give me time to create - this is the time of the year when I want to try to recreate the beauty that I see outside using needle, thread and beads.  Even if I'm not making something nature related, I feel that emergence into life move through my fingers. The biggest challenge I have is that it is far more appealing to wander through the woods in this springtime than to sit in my studio and bead.  But if I feel that I'm spending too much time outdoors I remind myself that spring, as with all the other seasons, is fleeting and I only have today to enjoy it.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" -

Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...