.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, March 5, 2010

Decorated With Ice

So much has been going on in my life these past few weeks that I am just now getting out pictures of a beautiful sight that greeted me on one of my winter walks.  Walking has been more of an exception than a daily pleasure lately.  Our weather has not been conducive to walking (or even driving). 
But one day, a few days after an ice storm I was able to get myself out and about.  The first thing that greeted me as I walked out the back door was a walk covered in what looked like bits of glass.  It was ice that had blown off the trees and bushes.  It looked like someone had broken hundreds of panes of glass.  Then as I walked I heard the tinkle of 'glass' above me.  Looking up into the tree branches I saw the sparkle of ice hanging from every branch.  As I walked bits of ice would trickle down amongst the branches of the trees, landing on the ground below.

It was a magical sight to see - the sun sparkling on the bits and pieces of ice which still hung from the trees.  I know it is treacherous and I know it causes a lot of damage but still it was a beautiful sight as I trudged up the hill enjoying one day free of snow/ice/sleet or rain.

"When all is said and done, the weather and love are two elements about which one can never be sure."- Alice Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...