.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wandering Through Winter

A winter snow has once again graced our spot here in western North Carolina.  The snow fell quickly last Friday afternoon.  Big flakes coming down in record speed and covering everything with a soft blanket of white.  Unfortunately not a 'warm' blanket for then it wouldn't be snow.
See the metal dragonfly (above) touched with snow and leaning precariously?  He is a reminder that spring will be here before we know it. As for the cupcake snow frosting on the planter pots they speak for themselves.

And it will be awhile before these back deck stairs will be used.  Meanwhile I love the pattern of the darker wood and the white snow.

The pond outside my studio window never fails to draw me.  In the summer the frogs keep me entertained - jumping into the water everytime I walk out the door and then when they feel safe soaking in the sunshine around the edges of the pond.  But at this time of the year, when the ice forms there are patterns that make me shiver because they represent winter so well. 

This winter has been colder and snowier than usual here in my place in the world -- but what a wonderful excuse it gives me to stay inside my warm nest and bead with absolutely not one bit of a guilty conscience.  Yes, snow can be good!!

"Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart." - Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...