.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, January 23, 2017

Inspiration

                                                                                   

"Inspiration" - where does it come from?  What prompts us to look at something and think "YES"?


Some of my favorite sources of inspiration have come from "Somerset Studio" magazine. Looking at the most recent issue, which features the art of Janet Eskridge, has stirred both my heart and my imagination.


While she works in encaustics her use of words and found objects and story just 'zapped' something in me.  Each piece has a beautifully written story.  How can I transfer the feelings I have when looking at her work, into the work that I do?  Especially when they are so different in materials and craft.



"Inspiration" is a perfect word as I go into this new year.  Looking a bit beyond what I'm doing now -- to add to or subtract or substitute.  What wonders lie ahead?  What is your inspiration during these cold winter days and nights?

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." - Maya Amgelou


7 comments:

  1. Ooh, there's an intriguing idea to ponder. I'm not sure I know the answer, but I'll be thinking about it for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, somehow I don't think you will have a problem finding a solution to your dilemma. Just thinking about HER work will stimulate your own creativity and you probably won't even realize it until you take a step back. I remember the first time I saw encaustic work and it excited me.

    We will wait to see where your Muse takes you...no matter as long as she leads the way.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already have stories! Inspiration is everywhere, but it is always interesting to see what exactly lights a spark in each creative individual and how it is transformed into a unique work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This magazine looks perfect for you, Penny! Your color palette is similar to Janet's, so soft and vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogs are a good source of inspiration. I'm glad I found your blog to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about those magazines for inspiration. They are a treasure trove. I can imagine you taking off on some of this work-incorporating the feel of it somehow.....mixed media with punch needle? I do love the quote you included. So very true...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They looks amazing and very you! It strikes me that the heart of these pieces is story telling, something that comes out so strongly in all your work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...