.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, June 1, 2015

Searching for Quietude

These past months I've been chasing little "Unlikely's" all over the house - and the yard - even into the garage.  Its been fun, laughable, and quite a joy.  But these little people and their stories require energy, frivolity and strong imagination.



Today I'm thinking more toward a bit of quietude.  I love that word, don't you?  It evokes my solitary walks up the hill, where the only noise comes from nature.  It evokes those moments reading a book when I want to reread a passage because it speaks to my heart. It is the word I turn to when my energy level drops and I need to sit with a cup of tea in a quiet place and let my mind drift.


I'm trying to hold only quiet thoughts - although that doesn't mean that I don't laugh out loud.  I'm trying to take each moment and savor it as if it were the only  one I will ever have.  As you can see I am making a quiet mess and I hope it will come together in reflections on quiet moments, soft colors and words to ponder. 


 "The quieter you become the more you can hear". - Naamayhuda

6 comments:

  1. I have a delightful picture in my mind, of you and the Unlikelies frolicking all over the house and then curling up together with a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Quietude. I never heard that word before. Though easier and faster to find if you Google it, I reached form my beloved Merriam-Webster Dictionary and sure enough, it was right there. What I have found when in the state of Quietude, now that I know that was where I was, you have the power to filter noise from your space. You just have to focus on itself and not the outside world. Rubbing your dog's ear often helps to guide you to Quietude.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like quietude, even if I have never heard the word before. Quietude, yes it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another Penny-mess! They always lead to something great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an important part of the creative process, enjoying the quiet gathering of thoughts and ideas in your creative subconscious before another burst of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea...

    ...and quiet...

    ...can't fault it!

    x C

    ReplyDelete

It is my wish to respond to comments by private email. If your email address is not available I will try to respond here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...